Monday, January 09, 2006

The phantom mullet...

For those of you that don't know, or can't see the picture properly, I've gotten myself a mullet. Several things are to be noted regarding this haircut: a popular question is (to me) 'Doesn't Bethany want you to cut it off?'/(to Bethany) 'Don't you want him to cut it off?'. The answer to this question is always that Bethany has wanted me to grow a mullet for some time now, and is rather pleased that I did so. She didn't like the moustache, though...
Still on the subject of my hair, an interesting thing happened today. To understand why the following anecdote is funny, you must realise that I modelled my awful hairdo on the styles of two people in particular; Barry Chuckle from the Chuckle Brothers, and a man that lives just over the road from me. His haircut is quite terrible in appearance (although I suspect he rather likes it). So, today was my first official day on my teaching course. As I will not be in the classroom on Mondays, the school has provided a Learning Support Assistant to take my place every week. I was first in this morning, so I was left in charge of making sure he knew where he was going. Imagine my surprise (and consequent shame) when I discovered that the man who was allowing me to train to teach was none other than the ape-drape wearing chap who lives across the street. I found it difficult to keep a straight face...

As I have noted above, I have, today, begun my teaching course proper. Unlike most courses that result in Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), this one is an employment based route into teaching. This means, effectively, that I spend most of my time in school, and only go into college one day a week. Initially I spend my time mainly observing qualified teachers, and making notes on what they do, but I progress, as the year goes by, to taking the classes myself. This should be quite interesting to others, as well as myself, because I think that it will give some insights into the teaching profession, and give a glimpse of the work that is involved in training to teach. I have made the decision, therefore, to blog about the things that I experience whilst I am on the course. The question is, do I do it here, on this blog, or do I create a new one, specific to the subject? Let me know what you think. In the meantime, I'm going to go brush my hair...

5 comments:

beth said...

I just could'nt resist...
Mark lets be real here, in the past you've had trouble keeping one blog current, right? In fact you said yourself and I quote "I only ever really blog when I'm in Canada" Now, if I remember correctly, you're not back here till summer. So, If I were you I'd stick to the one. PLEASE.

Thankyou, Mommy V.

mark said...

Ha ha ha ha. It's true that in the past I've had problems updating the one blog. But let's not forget that I've begun to blog more frequently. And remember that we are under grace! I also feel that I must apologise to you, as I'm going to turn up at Easter too. Just when you thought that you had a few months of peace and quiet...

beth said...

QUIET?, peace OK, quiet rarely ever. How could I forget EASTER - Freshwind, DELERIOUS! oh and you Mark.
The truth is I just can't handle reading another blog. So do me a favour and stick to one.
And yes I must commend you on your recent blogging efforts...BRAVO!

Mommy Ventura.

Sgt Steve said...

ya one is a good choice i think.

ok...

HAHAHAAHHAHAHA haha oh my ,,, hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaa the neibourgh guy paaaa ah aha h ahahaape drape hahaha oh man thats funny, you know, at least you be in his good books hahahahaaha cause he'll love your hair du paaaa(silent laugh) hhahhhhaaahahaha ahhaaaaa ph man my gut hurts oh man (wiping tears from eyes) woo (sigh) good one mark.

Hey Question to everyone, when I read mark blog I pretend as if Mark is reading it to me so I get the proper english accent and the mark twist put on it. Is it just me who does that????

Sgt Steve said...

Hey, i posted a comment on your Hockey Gloves post from a while back. and yes, i typed it with MY gloves on. how fun it was!!