Thursday, January 12, 2006

O2 much to ask...

I made you a promise on the last post. I said that I would put up a picture of myself looking smart. I can't, thanks to my cell phone network provider. O2, who make it possible for me to make and recieve calls and text messages, sent my phone off for repairs last week. You may remember me telling you that it was broken. I had a voicemail message from them last night, saying that it was ready to pick up when I wanted. I went and got it back. I was very happy about that. But when I tried to make a telephone call, the person on the other end of the line couldn't hear me. So I tried another call. They couldn't hear me either. The microphone is broken. I thought I'd make the best of having the phone anyway, and had Rob take a picture of me in my posh togs with it to put on here. But when I tried to link the phone to a computer, it didn't recognise the fact that there were pictures on the memory stick. That's broken too. Now I have to take the phone back again, and have them fix it. That means another week (or more) without a phone, and another two trips into town to visit the shop. I'm not altogether impressed. If I'm honest, it's a bit unacceptable.

As for the rest of my morning yesterday, it was great fun. We did some writing work, and I got involved in the activity, helping one or two of the less able children. They were very happy to have me around, and I learned an awful lot. I'm looking forward to Monday now, when I get to spend the day in there again. I'm in college tomorrow, for my first day of lectures on the course. I'll let you know how it goes. But for now, I have to get back to class. There's work to be done, you know. I can't stand round here all day chatting...

No comments: