Saturday, January 07, 2006

Mom will flip...

Mommy Ventura, I mean. I'm blogging considerably more than my usual once monthly efforts at the moment, and I can't imagine that this won't take some people by surprise. Particularly my future mother in law. She's always saying I should blog more frequently, and so, as part of my attempt to get in with the in-laws, I'm here again. Of course, I'm only joking. I wanted to blog. Mom, you should get a blog of your own.

So, I fixed my computer. I formatted the hard drive, and while I was at it, took out the faulty cdr/dvd combo drive, and put in an old cd drive that was lying about instead. It's a bit annoying, because I can't burn cds, but I don't miss the dvd bit. I never used it anyway. And at least I have a drive that reads cds now. It's also meant that I can install my webcam driver, so I'm rather pleased with myself. I can't take all the credit for this act of reconstruction on my system; my housemate Rob did more than his fair share. What a star...

Today I purchased for myself a copy of the popular board game, Scrabble. It was all part of the casual day that myself and my neighbour, Tim, enjoyed. We headed into town after a few games of magnetic darts (I'm not going to get started on that one...) and went to run a few errands. We were rather pleased that we didn't have any constraints on our time to speak of, so we strolled around Leeds at our leisure. I was looking for the aformentioned word strategy game, and intended to come home with a copy. We tried so many shops, but few stocked it (to our surprise). We eventually went back to the original shop that we had found it in, only to discover that someone had seemingly purchased all three copies that were in stock only hours before. Not to be perturbed by this, I bought a device that allows the board to be rotated easily, and headed to Argos, where I located the game in the Laminated Book of Dreams, and headed over to recieve it from the Pale, Mythical Warden of the Treasure.

I won't bore you with further details of my day, from our ride back home on the bus, to a trip to the supermarket with Butch, on to some Monty Python, and the establishment of my throne as Scrabble King of Village Place. Needless to say, it was a stinking good day, and a real blessing to have a weekend with no obligating commitments.

There's only one thing that sucks about this weekend. Not only is my lovely fiancee in another country (which I kind of get used to), but this weekend she's away doing an encounter weekend. She's out of contact. No phone calls for me to make or recieve. No emails waiting in my inbox when I get in. I miss her, and it sucks. I'm aware that the last time that I voiced my opinion on a matter similar to this, I was shouted down, so I'm not going to go on about it. I just wanted to say how I felt. And to tell her, when she reads this, that I love her...

2 comments:

beth said...

You're in trouble now! I figured out how to comment on your blog (non-blogger that I am) Thanks again Beth. So your think I should get my own blog eh? Na...I already spend too much time readin other peoples and between you and Jake's bloggin, there just isn't time for much else.
I see you went out and bought yourself a scrabble board...good, maybe with some practice you'll keep up with Beth. "Scrabble King of Ventura Place" NEVER!
Oh, by the way "out of contact, no calls, no emails" (boo-hoo) get used to that, she's been doin that to us since she was 15.
Well Mawg,that's enough for now, I guess I was just makin up for all those unpublished comments.

Magnetic darts???

BE BLESSED today, In JESUS NAME!!
"Mommy Ventura"

beth said...

Ok, it's the real Beth here...
good points, Mom.

Mark,
I had no one to throw snowballs at this weekend because they were all country people who knew how to REALLY throw snowballs and run me over with their snow-mobiles if I tried to run...hmph.

I love you too...