Monday, August 02, 2004

A Roast Pig!

So, I did the whole wedding thing again yesterday, second week in a row. No, it wasn't my wedding, I've never been married; it was the wedding of one of two of my friends from Worksop, where I come from originally. It was kind of wierd to be honest, she's younger than my sister, and I've known her forever, it seemed strange to see her walking down the aisle.

Anyway, the service was very nice, and all, the reception was superb, with food supplied by Wright's butchers of Carlton. These are the family butchers, and, man do they know how to put on a feast! I went to school with their daughter, my sister went to school with their son, and my dad taught both of them. We know the whole family fairly well, so it's always fun to find them serving you at a wedding. One of the other waitresses was Another girl that I went to school with - I had a major crush on this girl when I was about ten!

The evening do was something else. A disco, with a hog roast. I took pictures, Pud, I'll send them to you.

Also struck up an old aquaintance with the lead guitarist from my old band, Bleach. Steven Archer. Great guy, got a great girl. We got on well. Watch this space for joint gigs...

No comments: