Monday, August 02, 2004

Back to the grind

Look, I know that I'm going to have to get used to this whole monday morning thing - I mean, it's not even that early now; but for now, I just can't take it. I love my weekends off so much, and suddenly it's all over and you have to go back to work. I think it's got something to do with the fact that I work for life-sucking corporate jerks who seem to think that a reasonable job description is:

Person should be able to work long and boring shifts doing something they have no interest in. They should be willing to have an extremely short lunch break, which they will take when someone else decides it is time. Most of all, they must have a desire to work different shifts each week, and be chastised for wishing to take any time off at all, for example, to attend weddings.

I hate my job.

2 comments:

beth said...

I can agree. This monday in Canada is a holiday... And guess who's working. Worst I can't make it the airport and won't be seeing Bethanee for 2 hours until after she's reached Canadian Soil. I feel the monday pain. Maija

beth said...

Bethany, here. Not to be confused with Maija who is far more cool than I. Well, the company you work for isn't exactly the greatest in my books, but I'm sure your job is 'character-building' anyway. So much so that you may end up a character like Brian- our mutual hero- from Spaced. He seems like he's had some pretty crummy jobs, or else he was electricuted or raised by circus folk. I bet you could write an amusing song about the odds and ends of your job...