Monday, August 09, 2004

One by one...

I'm getting rid of my housemates. We married Matt off on Saturday, and a fine event it was too. Old man Bradley and his lovely bride Rachel had a great day, put on a good bash, and have now cleared off to France in a camper van to go surfing. Do I hear any cries of jealousy? Check out the photos I took. Well, as you'll see, I didn't take all of them, I'm in some of them. Anyway, have a look, and marvel at everyone in their finery...

The wedding was special for a number of reasons. It was a superb service, great worship, lots of praying. Rachel entered to my favorite piece of classical music, Pachabell's Canon (which I'm listening to now). Irish Matt played one of his songs while they signed the register, then played them out to 'I'm a believer'. The reception was a veritable feast of all things good and tasty. It was also a treat for the vegetarians present (including The Salvator Darlings' very own Little Rob) as the meat products were few and far between. The highlight, though, of this section of the day, was the desserts. You remember the torturous cakes from my previous post? I got to eat them. It was a buffet, and so I cleverly took one bowl for me, and one for 'my friend Dave'. FIVE DESSERTS. That's what I ate. I had cheesecake, and ginger surprise (the surprise was it was full of ginger). I had banoffee pie and a chocolate/nut crunch thing. I had chocolate cake. It was beautiful; a moment of pure, orchestrated genius in the world of dessert eating.

The evening do was a Kayleigh dance (probably spelt wrong). Like a barn dance. I did one dance, and nearly threw up. Man, I'm so unfit.

NeverTheLess, a good day was had by all, and I wish them the best of times on the honeymoon, and the happiest of lives together. It'll be my turn one day. Scary thought...

3 comments:

Linda Hope said...

Mark, it must be said, longer hair suits you quite well...thought i'd let you know mate!

beth said...

told you so...

Anonymous said...

Just got around to checking out the site - wasn't disappointed! Sounds like you are having a cool summer. Hope you are not missing us, your fab ex-next door neighbours too much :)!!
Sounds like it was a lovely day - give them my best next time you see them.
Prob see you around in Leeds.

Katie x