Sunday, October 04, 2009

Thoughts on Love, from under the duvet.



"Won’t you still be mine?

If I end up with nothing
Then that’s a treasure I’d love to hold
‘Cause you were once inside it
Now there’s a memory made of gold
Well, you might be a believer
But I seem to turn your faith so cold

Why does anybody love?
Why does anybody love at all?"


This is such a moving song. I sometimes think it is impossible to find a Duke Special song that isn't, though... can't you just hear the desperation in his voice, here? Amazing.

Thoughts on love? I haven't got many tonight (I should have been asleep an hour ago, really. Adelaide wakes up at 6:30am!).
Just thinking how I get love wrong sometimes... and how I want to love better. Even though I get hurt sometimes, I want to be more open to love, more expecting of love. And even though it is hard to see in people sometimes, I just want to see love.

I want to be love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post Beth!

This reminds me of the scripture in the Bible where it says "Be Holy as I am Holy."
I think it's cool to seek out to be love as he is love.

You're awesome!

Matt