Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Deepest Calm

"Isn't she lovely Isn't she wonderful..."
-Stevie Wonder

When I look at the photos of our old place (above), I vividly remember how tranquil and still it was for the first six months with our new babe. Everything from her cries, to her naps, to getting dressed, play times and even mealtimes...everything was full of such great gentleness.
We enjoyed countless long periods of silence as we simply watched her in awe and wonder. I look back and remember the deepest calm. "She's here, she's okay..."
Everyone said that precious time would go by fast.
Everyone was right.

Then Grace came. weighing at 7lbs, on October 20,at 9:38 pm our housemate Sallyanne finally met her wee angel. So far our place has been dim, quiet, peaceful... full of friends and family tip-toeing in to catch a glimpse of the newest member of The Social Club, as we like to call it.

That same wonderful atmosphere is back and I am soaking it up while it lasts.

She smiled at me in her sleep today, and Mark is more broody than ever ;)

"Life flies by in seconds
You’re not a baby
Gracie, you’re my friend
You’ll be a lady soon
But until then
You gotta do what I say"


2 comments:

*sPARKLY~sARAH* said...

Love it!
New babies have a way of making everything perfect and peaceful.
Lots of 'oooooohhs' and 'ahhhhhhhs' - it's fantastic and such a great time to cherish!

Hi to Sallyanne and her new sweet Gracie!
XoXo

Anonymous said...

Great blog Beth!
I can't wait to come by and meet Grace.
I love that you called Mark broody, hahaha, he can be such a wimp (tell him I said that. heehee!).

Enjoy the peace while it lasts!