Sunday, May 11, 2008

English Things

Here's the video announcements for last week. I've been a little delayed in putting them on here, because I've been in England for the last week. You'll notice that the announcements are rather reminiscent of a BBC documentary. This is no mistake. I'd been very excited about coming here.
I really really miss England. My family, my friends, the chocolate, fish and chips, beer, rubbish seaside towns... it's brilliant. We had the privilege of spending a week here, hanging out with all the people that we miss, and enjoying all the things we can't get in Canada. We went to Leeds one night, and hung out at Simon and Esther's place, where we were joined by about 40 friends we have not seen for months. We saw loads of people at my parents' house too. We did lots of shopping for clothes for Addie, and we ate fish and chips 3 times. We went to Whitby, and even enjoyed the first sunny bank holiday Monday in England since time began. Fantastic stuff.

We have loads to report on, but now isn't the time, because we leave for the airport in a few minutes. Once I've finished packing, we'll just have time for one last delicious English breakfast. Then it's back to all the things I miss about Canada. Ho hum. Such is life...

No comments: