Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Busting my chops...

It really is. There's no one specific thing that's doing the chop busting, it's a bit of a combo deal, actually. The workload from my course is building up in a major way. Being based in essentially two different schools is not easy, and I think that I end up with twice the work that most people do. I'm also basically being treated as the teacher in one of the classes that I'm in, all the time that I'm in there, which isn't part of the deal. I find that I haev stuff that I have to hand in to college, but that I'm not being given the proper support that I need for that at school. I'm finding that things are being expected of me at school, without the proper support for that being given either. It's pretty hard work. Put together with that the fact that I had some sad news recently, and it just makes the whole thing worse.

It's true. We did everything we could, but the time of death was pronounced at ten after one on Saturday afternoon, when my housemate Rob finally declared that my computer's motherboard had well and truly passed away. It seems that some of the resistors had blown, and it's in no fit state to be doing anything. I don't know how long it had been like that, but on Saturday morning it decided it had finally had enough. I have a new motherboard arriving this week, so that should get it sorted, but I have to rebuild the thing from scratch, and until then, I have no computer. I'm writing this at school.

So, excuse me if there's been a continuing lack of posts - it wasn't my intention, I've just been sort of forced into it. I promise that when I get it up and running again, my computer will once again become a place of much blogging. And much working. And much emailing my beautiful fiancee, who I suspect is feeling a little lack of communication thanks to my situation. Until then, then...

1 comment:

beth said...

hey... I thought it was my job to bust your chops, not the computer's...