Monday, November 16, 2009

Unfolding


"And what was said to the rose to make it unfold
Was said to me, here in my chest
So be quiet now, and rest."
-David Crowder

I love this lyric, it really speaks to me at the moment. For the past week I have been getting ideas for paintings at least three or four times throughout the day. Colours, themes, shapes - EVERYWHERE. I was helping Addie paint a picture at school today and trying my best not to take over!

My digital SLR has served me well over the past year as my creative outlet. And while I love living through the lens, I am SO ready to go back to painting and get my hands dirty.
*Seriously, they get really dirty and everything ends up smelling of oil paint.*
My beyond-supportive man is already keen to help me squeeze this in our schedules. And hopefully, we'll work it into being part of our weekly routine. Hopefully.
I wonder if this is how it feels to get over some sort of writer's block or something...

Now, off to dig out some materials!

2 comments:

*sPARKLY~sARAH* said...

*gasp* YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love, Love, LOVE your artwork and think you're an incredible artist! Please take pictures of the things you paint!
And if you get too many paintings and not enough places for them to go, I have a few walls available, I just want to let you know . . .hehe!
Love you!
YAY!

Pete said...

I write...then nothing...then I write...then nothing...it's a seasonal thingh and it's good to roll with the seasons. You can't do winter in summer, fall is not the spring...to everything there is a season, and a purpose for every activity under heaven...PA