Thursday, October 27, 2005

Wife skills...

Today I sat and ate lunch in the TACF Riverside Cafe with a good friend of mine, Jonathan Puddle. I wish I could do this more often than I currently do, but unfortunately, there's a little matter of living on different continents. Jonathan was eating a tasty tuna pasta lunch prepared for him by his new wife, who is a good friend of my beautiful girlfriend. In this meal was a vegetable that was initially impossible to identify, but then we realised that it was just broccoli chopped up really small. I mean really small. We had never known it was possible to cut that particular vegetable into pieces of that size until now, and as a result, we came to the conclusion that only a wife would be able to do it.

Could this be the case? Is it possible that at some point during the wedding ceremony; the transition from woman to wife, she gains the ability to do new tasks? Things that would have been impossible before the lawful joining together of herself with a husband? Could it be that the ability of a woman to perform such skills as the minute chopping of broccoli is inextricably linked to marriage?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes. I would know.


There's gotta be something from Star Trek about this one. There's just gotta.

Hey Mark! Didn't know you were around. What brings you to this side of the world? You coming to TACF Central tomorrow night?

(There are those who ask questions, and those who don't yet. I am clearly in the first batch of humans.)

Matthew