Saturday, September 05, 2009

Capitalising


Here I am with Adelaide and our favourite permanent resident of Canada (aka. Mark) in our capital city. I have one question. When did Ottawa get so flipping awesome?!



It has been years since I have been up Parliament Hill, and clearly I was too young to appreciate it, let alone other facets of the CLEANEST CITY EVER. The canal and river are breathtakingly huge, and the Byward Market is so full of magic! I could easily spend a fortune there on handmade clothes and accessories. Oh dear.



Anyway, we sat on The Hill last night watching the sound and light show, "The Spirit of a Nation", celebrating Mark's paperwork being processed in miracle-time. It was so much fun!
Hundreds of people were there, and most were stood up at the end for the National Anthem.

Now onto our favourite French gem, Montreal, for a tattoo expo and some time with friends.
I think Addie wants to 'draw on people like daddy' too. Check it out:

2 comments:

mark said...

Yeah, Ottawa is a real gem.
If you've never been here, you should make the effort.
Beth, you're right. It pretty much is the cleanest city ever. Fantastic.

I had a tear (or several) in my eye last night as they played the anthem.

Anonymous said...

I need to do a weekend trip to Ottawa sometime, I still haven't been. Yes, I know, it's a shame.

Keep having a blast Hardys, but come home soon so we don't miss you too much!

Much love!