Saturday, April 26, 2008

New announcements.

As promised, here's the announcements for this week at TACF. Stay tuned for next week's extravaganza. I won't tell you exactly what they'll feature, but there's superheroes and a green screen involved.

We just went to the Smiths' place for their son's first birthday party. It was so good to hang out with people we haven't seen for a while. There was much talk of Wonderland, which is exciting, because we have our season's passes. Oh yeah! I love that water park. I love that we have lots of friends that we can not see for weeks or even months at a time, and then just pick up where we left off. I guess when you live in a place like Toronto, and go to a church like TACF, you have to be able to do that. Everyone is coming and going so much that basing a friendship on always being around each other often results in sadness.
More on that another time though. It's late, and Addie's just dropping off to sleep. She's so cute and cuddly, but it's definitely time for Mommy and Daddy to get some rest. I'll put some pictures of her up on here soon, or Beth will.

Just because I did a little movie review in my last post, I'll do the same again here. The night after we watched Lars and the Real Girl, we watched Juno. Seriously, it was fantastic. I loved the characters, the themes. I loved the way that you felt relationship with them, and really identified with them. The soundtrack was ridiculously good. Watch it, because it's a great movie, and it will break your heart.

One more thing: Beth and I have been talking about recently is starting a bluegrass band. Inspired by David Crowder and Hayseed Dixie, I busted out a little bit of bluegrass in worship at church the other night. Then I found out that a friend of ours plays the banjo. Beth loves the harmonica and wants a washboard. Then, tonight, we were hanging out with a Mr. John Patell. He nearly shrieked when I told him our plans, and said he'd been looking for a band to play the broomstick bass in. Keep your ears open for our first record...

No comments: