Friday, February 29, 2008

Can you still feel the butterflies?


See the pyramids around the Nile
Watch the sun rise from the tropic isle
Just remember darling all the while
You belong to me"
- Jason Wade, You Belong to Me


Yesterday we celebrated our first wedding anniversary and it was absolutely delightful.
It is amazing to think that I've lived and done 'life' with my best friend for one whole year. Not only that, but there are so many more years to come. Through the good times, the bad times, the waiting times, the rushed times, the tearful times...wherever we live, whoever we have around us...there are more wonderful wonderful wonderful years to come.
And there will no doubt be more lessons on teamwork, friendship, patience, honour, oneness, and love to be embraced. Make no mistake- marriage isn't boring or dull, it is exhilerating.
But at the same time, our God's timing is perfect and He isn't in a hurry...so don't rush anything :)


Forgive me if I have quoted these Ben Folds lyrics before, but it is one of our songs, and always seems to help me put into words how ridiculously blessed I feel to have Mark as my husband.


I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here

And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on a street where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?

And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

Would I know?

And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

2 comments:

Pete said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pete said...

"May you not be gathered to the Father until your children have found love"
(Old Gaelic Prayer - said over a couple at their wedding.)
We know that our children have found love and we share every day in the blessing of their blessing. We are not in any hurry yet to be "gathered to the Father" but know that our children have found a safe haven in a hard world.
Marriage isn't "a piece of paper". Marriage isn't a legal road to travel. Marriage isn't a shackle for one or another or even both. Marriage is the only real lived out picture we have of Christ's love for us and that is a picture of the Father's love for us.
Let's never confuse a human beings attempts at love with the perfect love of the Father. Let's look to live in that love and enjoy the blessing that spills out.
It's not so much a mystery to me how people live in God's love, the mystery is hoe they manage to live outside it.
Happy anniversary
Ma and Pa